1) 1 cup sunflower seeds, finely ground
2) 1/2 cup cornmeal, Kamut®
3) 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
4) 3 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
5) 1.5 teaspoon each dried basil, sea salt, dried sage
6) 1 teaspoon dried thyme
7) 1 teaspoon crushed arame (seaweed)
8) 1.3 cups water
9) 1/4 cup sunflower or other natural oil
10) 2 tablespoon tamari
11) 3-4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
12) 1 cup finely grated potato, rinsed well and squeezed well
Mix ingredients 1-7 in a bowl. Stir in 8-12, in order, mixing well.
Preheat oven to 375°. Scoop mixture into a well oiled, glass pie plate (I use an enamel coated cast iron casserole). Put in the oven and immediately turn heat down to 350°. Bake 35-45 minutes until well browned. The mix seems too wet to be able to cook in the specified time, but DO NOT OVERCOOK or paté will be dry and crumbly once it has set.
Let cool a couple hours then chill thoroughly to let set properly before serving.
Keeps 7 days in the fridge or can be frozen.