3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds strawberries
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Additional strawberries for decoration, cake filling, etc.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 8" or 9" round cake pans.
2) Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth. You may have to add a tiny bit of water at this point but try not to.
3) Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients, including the strawberry puree, together (except for vinegar) and mix thoroughly into the dry ingredients. Add water/excess strawberry puree as needed to adjust consistency of batter
4) Once oven is preheated, add vinegar to the batter and quickly mix in. Pour batter evenly into 2 pans and immediately place in oven. Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
5) Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes, loosened edges with a dull knife, and invert onto cooling rack to cool completely. Consider placing strawberry jam or macerated strawberries between the two layers, frost with vanilla frosting, and decorate with chocolate covered strawberries!
** note: if you want a very pink cake, you'll want to add some food coloring as this cake is a pale pinkish color
Source of recipe: I modified a chocolate cake recipe into a strawberry one.