Stella Blues Breakfast
1 pound firm tofu, cubed
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon tarragon leaf
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Saute onion in olive oil until it starts to become translucent.
2. Put tahini, water, and mustard in a small jar. Shake until tahini dissolves (hold the jar up to check the size of the chunks that drift to the bottom).
3. Add tahini mix, tofu, and spices to the onion. Cook for a few minutes to release flavors and reduce the liquid somewhat.
4. Add red and green pepper to the mixture. Cook until pepper starts to become tender.
5. Stir in tomato just before serving.
Note: This recipe was inspired by a breakfast we had at a restaurant called Stella Blues in Mauai, Hawaii. If you have a chance, we recommend a visit there. Yum!