Steamed Broccoli Recipe
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
1 head broccoli, chopped
3 leaves of chard or other large-leafed green
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. In a pot, combine water, quinoa, and 1 teaspoon sea salt; bring to boil. Boil for1 minute, then turn down to low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Quinoa is fully cooked when you see the swirl of the grains, with a translucent center, and it is fluffy. Do not stir the quinoa while it is cooking.
2. Cut the broccoli into bite-size florets, cutting and pulling apart from the stem. Also chop the stem into bite-size pieces. Toss the broccoli and chard with 1 teaspoon salt to moisten them before steaming.
3. Line a steaming tray with chard, then layer with broccoli; place steamer basket over the boiling water and steam for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the broccoli reaches the level of tenderness you're looking for.
4. Move the broccoli to a bowl, chop the chard and add to the bowl, along with the chopped green onion. Dress with the tamari and sesame oil; toss to coat.
5. Serve greens over quinoa. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (raw or toasted) and toss again, then serve.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this steamed broccoli recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/sesame-steamed-broccoli