1/2 to 1 cup diced carrots
1/2 to 1 cup diced onion
2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
8 to 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
10 ounces tofu firm, drained and crumbled
4 ounces vegan cream cheese
4 ounces vegan sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 cups green chile sauce
12 corn or flour taco size tortillas
1) Spray a 9" x 13" casserole pan with nonstick spray.
2) In a skillet, saute carrots and onion using nonstick spray or oil until tender. Add garlic and chopped spinach to wilt, about 1 minute. Turn off heat.
3) In separate pan add cubed tofu, vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream, and vegetable broth. Heat thoroughly. This is your "cheese" mixture.
4) In a blender, combine "cheese" mixture, cumin, salt, lime or lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and blend for 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. Add "cheese" to spinach mixture in skillet or pan stir together.
5) Fill tortillas with spinach cheese mixture (tortillas may be fried in oil first or rolled at room temp) and arrange in pan. Top with the green chile sauce. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Source of recipe: PLEASE READ ENTIRE RECIPE BEFORE BEGINNING~ I wrote this recipe but was inspired by Cheesy Enchiladas "cheese". Enjoy!This recipe is forgiving...ingredient amounts do not need to be EXACT.