Spaghetti with Tomato, Rocket and Olive Sauce
455g/1 lb spaghetti
as much garlic as you want
5 medium sized tomatoes, nice and ripe
fresh rocket, washed
black and green olives, de-seeded
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, chop up the tomatoes, basil and garlic, anyway you like, chunky, fine etc. and put in a large-ish bowl.
- Add olives to this mix, chopped if you like/can be bothered.
- Roughly chop the rocket (leaves only) and add along with the oregano (to taste) to the bowl.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil, and season carefully with salt and pepper.
- Taste and season until you get it how you like it.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water, add to the bowl and toss well, add a little of the cooking water if you think the sauce needs loosening.
- Serve immediately!