Soy Chorizo and Potato Tacos
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large russet potato, peeled and diced small
1 large onion, diced, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 link (about 6 ounces) vegan chorizo
10-12 corn tortillas, warmed
salsa, to serve
lettuce, shredded, to serve
handful cilantro, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add potatoes and 1/2 the onion, and cook until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper, add about 1/4 cup water, and put a lid on the pan. This will help the potatoes cook faster.
2. In the meantime, in another pan, cook the garlic and other 1/2 the onion until almost soft. Continue cooking over medium heat until all ingredients are hot and browned all over.
3. Season with extra salt and pepper if need be. The sausage is pretty much spiced and flavored so minimal salt is probably best.
4. When the potatoes are tender, add them into the pan of and stir all ingredients to combine. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon mixture onto the warmed corn tortillas and top with homemade salsa, lettuce and cilantro.
I like things hot so I add extra habanero hot sauce on top! They are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!