1 cup of brown/bargain-bag lentils
1 can of Hunts Manwich sauce
2 cups of water
8 slices whole wheat bread or 4 buns
1. Rinse, pick through, and drain the lentils.
2. Pour water and lentils into a medium-sized pot, and bring to a boil.
3. After rolling boil is reached, cover the lentils, lower heat, and simmer for about 50 minutes (5 minutes give or take in difference).
4. After lentils are cooked through transfer to a medium saucepan, add the Manwich sauce, mix them together, and heat the mixture through at medium heat.
5. After the mixture is cooked through (this won't take long) get out the bread and serve four equal portions of the mixture over two slices each person of bread.
NOTE: the recipe is for four people BUT this mix is BIG... rather low in calorie though, so I would recommend eating these with a fork. Or if you prefer a less messy Len, serve it up for more people!