Simply Delicious Vegan Italian Sausage with Pene Pasta
1 box Pene Pasta
1 medium size Onion
2-3 cloves garlic (use 1 clove when using elephant garlic)
2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 package of Tofurky Italian Sausage
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan. Tear apart sausages with fingers into pan or you can slice them into quarter size pieces. Up to you entirely. Cook on low to medium heat making sure you do not burn the sausages. You’re just heating them up. When done, transfer over to a bowl and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, add the remaining olive oil then add the onions. Cook until translucent.
4. Add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add can of Diced tomatoes and cook for about a minute more.
6. Reintroduce the Italian sausage back to the pan.
7. Then lastly, add the salt, oregano, basil, and black pepper.
8. Mix it all up and cook for 5 minutes more.
9. When done, drain pasta and mix it all together.