Simple & Easy Banana Bread
1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (I use Nayonaise)
3 ripe bananas, mashed (leave chunks or make smooth, depending on preference)
3/4 cup sugar, or to taste
1/4 cup vegetable oil
dash lemon juice (optional)
2 tablespoons walnuts and pecans (optional)
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" x 4" x 2" pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Make a depression in the center of the mixture.
3. In another small bowl, combine mashed bananas, vegan mayonnaise, sugar, oil, lemon, and nuts.
4. Pour banana mix into the depression of dry ingredients, slowly mixing together until thoroughly combined. Pour into the bread pan and put in the oven.
5. Bake 20 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I have an old oven and it takes me 45 to 60 minutes, but it may take you 20 to 25 minutes.) When it's baked and ready to serve, take about 2 tablespoon of margarine and melt over the bread, it's a very delicious spread on bread. Enjoy bread lovers!
Source of recipe: I altered this recipe from an old cookbook I found at my mom's house, called "Better Homes and Gardens: New Cookbook",11th edition, page 114.