Sham's Seriously Simple and Amazing Vegan Lasagna
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves + 1 clove fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1 (12 ounce) bag vegan meat crumbles (I use Boca Meatless Crumbles)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup + 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons vegan margarine (I use Smart Balance)
1 (8 ounce) containers vegan cream cheese (I use Toffuti)
1/2 cup plain nondairy milk (I use soy)
2 teaspoons oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
12 pieces lasagna pasta, cooked, divided
1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Barilla), divided
1. For the “meat”, coat the bottom of a frying pan with canola oil and place on medium heat. Once oil is heated, add 2 cloves garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add “meat” crumbles and cook until all the crumbles are loosened and softened. Add water and 1/2 cup nutritional yeast. Mix until the yeast dissolves and becomes almost a cheese-like coating.
2. For the "ricotta" cheese, in a medium saucepan, melt vegan margarine over medium heat until melted. Add the vegan cream cheese and continuously stir until it becomes a thick, creamy substance.
3. Add the nondairy milk and continue to stir. Stir in 1 clove garlic. Add 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir until nutritional yeast dissolves.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. For assembly, layer the bottom of the dish with 4 pieces lasagna. Take spaghetti sauce and layer about 2 to 3 tablespoons over the pasta. Next, take about 3 tablespoons vegan crumbles and layer it over the sauce.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of the "ricotta" cheese over the crumbles. Add another of each layer on top and then finish with a final layer of lasagna pasta on top. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce on top so the top pasta layer doesn't burn. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Once it is done, take out of oven and let cool. Then, it is time to enjoy!
Source of recipe: This is another vegan recipe I have discovered during my trials and tribulations of cooking.