"Like Sex In Your Mouth" Blueberry Muffins
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I use soymilk)
1 egg replacer (I use 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons water)
1 cup fresh blueberries (I use frozen so they won’t squish when stirred into the batter) Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegan margarine (I use Smart Balance Light)
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine applesauce, non-dairy milk, and egg replacer. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
4. Streusel Topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, margarine and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in preheated oven until toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
*The name came from a quote from a friend when they ate one of the muffins. They said "These muffins are amazing..it's like sex in my mouth" This is why I bake lol.
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/detail.aspx I veganized it and lowered the fat