Serious Caramel Corn
6 cups popped popcorn
chopped pecans or almonds, to taste (optional)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup or agave nectar
6 tablespoons vegan margarine buttery sticks (not spread)
2 tablespoons soy creamer
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn and nuts in a big mixing bowl
2. Combine brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Heat the sugar mixture until it comes to a boil.
3. Add in margarine, soy creamer, and salt. Reheat, stirring frequently, until smooth and runny again.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda
5. Toss with popcorn and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
Source of recipe: This was my mothers and I modified it to make it vegan