Secret Agent Brownies
The name of these brownies comes from the secret ingredient in this recipe: Spinach. I am always trying to figure out how to sneak more veggies into my kids' diets. The Spinach is completely undetectable & the brownies are delectable. Enjoy!
1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup almond flour
2 cups organic raw sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Godiva - big time yum)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup dark chocolate almond milk (or 1 cup water)
1 cup almond oil
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz of fresh Spinach (or 4 cups)
1/2 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a blender, whip the Spinach, almond milk, and almond oil together until smooth.
4. Fold wet ingredients into the flour mixture until it forms a uniform batter.
5. (Optional) Mix the walmuts into the batter.
6. Spread batter into a 13"x9" pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny. Let them cool before cutting.
Serve with in-season fruit puree if desired.