2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
1 cup nondairy milk
1-2/3 cups unbleached white flour
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon dried herbs
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons margarine
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Buttermilk: To a measuring cup, add apple cider vinegar. Add nondairy milk to fill the measuring cup to the 1 cup measurement line. Stir gently and let sit for a minute to curdle.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, nutritional yeast flakes, baking powder, herbs, and salt. Cut the margarine into the flour mixture until mixture is crumbly. Add the “buttermilk” to the flour mixture and stir into a ball of dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a sharp cutter and place on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.