Sarah's Spectacular Lasagne
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 portobello mushroom caps, chopped
2 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup spinach
1 (14 ounce) package firm herb tofu, crumbled
1 (20 ounce) jar roasted garlic and tomato pasta sauce, 2 tablespoons reserved
1 tablespoon water, optional
1 (16 ounce) package oven-ready lasagne noodles
1 (8 ounce) package shredded vegan mozzarella cheese, divided (I use Daiya)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine oil, garlic, and zucchini in a large skillet on medium heat, and stir until zucchini is almost soft, approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and spinach, and stir for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are slightly browned. Add tofu and pasta sauce to the skillet and mix well. Heat for 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
3. In a large rectangular casserole dish, smear the 2 tablespoons pasta sauce at the bottom of the pan. You may want to add 1 tablespoon water for moisture to help cook the pasta at this stage.
4. On the sauce, layer pasta, then 1/2 the tofu/veggie mixture, then sprinkle 1/2 the cheese, then another layer pasta, the last 1/2 tofu/veggie mixture, and finally top it off with the rest of the vegan mozzarella.
5. Cover lasagne with foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, remove the foil, and put back into the oven for 10 minutes uncovered. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.