150ml sunflower oil
1 medium onion
500g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
400g tinned chickpeas
225g baby spinach
2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
bunch fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion till transparent.
2.Add the curry powder and stir for a few minutes, adding some of the water to form a paste.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes, stirring all the time.
4. Add about 350ml water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook till the potatoes are all but tender.
5. Add the chickpeas, reserving the liquid and only adding it in if it begins to dry out. Add the spinach and stir till wilted.
6. Finally add the tomato quarters, and cook for just long enough for them to yield.
7. Finish with a handful of fresh coriander and serve with brown rice.