Roasted Vegetables with White Mustard Gravy
1 small head cauliflower, chopped bite sized
5 medium carrots, chopped bite sized
1 pound white mushrooms, chopped bite sized
1 medium onion, chopped bite sized
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped bite sized
oil, as needed
salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons vegan margarine
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups nondairy (I use soymilk)
3 tablespoons vegan Dijon mustard
parsley, to garnish
sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange all vegetables in lightly oiled casserole dish.
2. Roast for 30 minutes, take out, add 1/2 of salt and pepper to taste. Return to oven for 20 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make a gravy. In a large saucepan, melt margarine. Slowly stir in flour. Now add milk whisking all the time. Mix well so there are no lumps.
4. Add mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 more minutes until it thickens to your liking.
5. Veggies should be done by now. Pour 4 tablespoons gravy on a plate and arrange a portion of vegetables. Decorate with parsley and sesame seeds.
This recipe makes a lot of gravy, so if you're not a fan, 1/2 the amount.