Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
3-5 small yellow potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
1 large red onion, bite sized
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
1 beet, sliced
2 parsnips, bite sized
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup balsamic vingear
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup quinoa
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the vegetables evenly out onto a baking sheet (if some of them overlap a little bit, it’s okay, just try to mix them up evenly!)
2. Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar and pepper in a small bowl and drizzle evenly over the vegetables, coating as many as possible.
3. Cook the vegetables for about 1/2 hour-45 minutes, or until they are a light golden brown and a little crispy on the edges.
4. Meanwhile, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Stir in the quinoa, turn down the heat and cook at a light simmer for 20-25 minutes.
5. Once the vegetables and quinoa are done, gradually fold the vegetables together with the quinoa in a large bowl.
That’s it! Feel free to leave in the heated oven if you are waiting on any of the other dishes to finish.
Source of recipe: I love quinoa, and I love roasted veggies. Together they are the perfect combination!