Roasted Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions
For the potatoes:
2 lbs. baby red potatoes, quartered
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
For the onions:
2 large vidalia onions
pinch of salt
2 tsp. olive oil
for the dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 cup green olives, chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Wash and quarter the baby potatoes. Toss in a large bowl with olive oil and spices, until evenly coated.
3. Place potaoes on a baking sheet in a single later. Put in the oven and let bake for 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes over once, half way through.
4. Peel onions, cut off both ends, and cut in half lengthwise. Slice thinly. Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a skillet. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Allow onions to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. You want them to be a dark brown, but do not let them burn.
5. Meanwhile, chop the olives roughly. Combine the mustard, olive oil and vinegar for the dressing in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Add the olives.
6. When the potaoes and onions are done, add them to the dressing/olive mixture. Toss until all is well combined.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.