Raw Fruit and Nut Squares
1 cup raw nuts
1/2 cup dried fruit
1 Tbsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp nut butter
3 Tbsp coconut oil
Here’s the basic recipe for you to experiment with – use what you have on hand and get creative!
1) Process dry ingredients in food processor until desired consistency. (I like mine still a bit crumbly.)
2) Add in nut butter and oil. Pulse to combine until mixture sticks to itself when pinched.
3) Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Firmly press nut mixture into pan using the back of a spoon.
4) Top with additional nuts, chopped dried fruits, desiccated coconut, etc. and press firmly to adhere (optional).
5) Place in the freezer 20-30 minutes to harden. Remove and cut into squares. Keep refrigerated until served.
(Light bars pictured contain a blend of walnuts, cashews, and almonds with apricots, figs, and almond butter. Dark bars contain a blend of walnuts, pecans, and almonds with pawpaws, mangoes, raw cacao powder, and macadamia butter. They’re topped with flax seeds and coconut and kick the other bar’s butt.)
This recipe comes to you from my blog: www.rawlau.com If you choose to copy and republish, please include this information in your post or publishing.