Quick Little Devils/Angels
1 (15-ounce) package vegan chocolate cake mix (exact number of ounces not critical)
1 cup vegan margarine, melted (Earth Balance works great)
7 to 8 ounces Ricemellow fluff (measure it as you would a liquid, you are going to need almost 1 cup)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (Peanut Butter and Co is great but Jif Natural works, too)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13" x 9" pan and cover the bottom with parchment paper (optional ,but I find it easier to get them out if I use the paper).
2. In a bowl, combine the cake mix and melted margarine; thoroughly mix until uniformly crumbly. ( Depending on the size of your cake mix box, you may or may not need a couple more tablespoons of margarine. I usually only need the 1 cup.) Reserve 1 cup of the cake-margarine mixture. Press the rest of it into the bottom of the pan. (I suggest using your hands since it is more like a crust than a batter. Make sure to get it to the edges. Using parchment paper will make this step a little difficult since it tends to move on you.)
3. In another bowl, combine the Ricemellow fluff and the peanut butter. )It will be very, very sticky!) Spread this over the cake batter in the pan but make sure not to go all the way to the edge. you want a little border of the cake mixture to remain. (Spatulas work wonders for this process but again, you will need your fingers to make sure it gets spread enough.)
4. Take your reserved 1 cup of cake-margarine mixture and crumble it over the top. (This step actually takes the longest. pinch a little out of the cup and just let it fall where it may on top of the fluff/peanut butter mix. Just make sure you've got most of it covered by the time you are done.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. I usually do 20 minutes, but it really depends on your oven. Cool completely.
Quick Little Angels variation:Substitute vanilla cake mix and Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams for the chocolate cake mix and normal peanut butter.
Triple Chocolate Death variation: (something I came up with just for fun)BE WARNED: This is both very rich and very sweet! Not for the faint of heart!
Use a chocolate cake mix, Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Peanut Butter and a bag of Newman-O's.
Make the recipe like you normally would. Process the Newman-O's with vanilla nondairy milk. You only a little bit to make the cookies more than just crumbs. Use your own judgment on this, put in a tablespoon at a time and see what happens after each processing. You shouldn't need more than 4 tablespoons max.
Mix the Newman-O's mixture in with the peanut butter and ricemellow mixture.
Continue with the recipe as normal.
Source of recipe: This recipe I found in a 5-ingredient Taste of Home cookbook at the library. I modified it so that I and anyone with gluten allergies could also enjoy it.Here is the original:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Quick-Little-Devils