Pumpkin Pie Truffles
1-1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs*
3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling (not plain canned pumpkin)
1/2 cup vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 (12-ounce) packages vegan chocolate chips (I use Baker's Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate)
1. In a food processor, grind up graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. Add in the pumpkin pie filling and margarine; mix until well combined. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, making sure it is well incorporated into the filling. Scrape the sides of the processor at least once before removing the filling. Place the truffle filling into the refrigerator for at least four hours, it will work best overnight.
2. The next day roll dough into 1-inch diameter balls. Place into the freezer for a couple hours.
3. At the end of the freezing time, melt three-quarters (a little over a cup) of the chocolate on the stove using a double broiler. Once it is melted, take it off of the burner and add the remaining chocolate. (I simply heat water a small amount of in a larger sauce pan, and melt the chocolate in a smaller pan nested in the larger one. DO NOT let water get into your chocolate, as it will seize up the chocolate.)
4. Remove the pumpkin balls from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate until well coated. Place back on lined cookie sheet to dry.
* 1-1/2 packages of Keebler Grahams, Original equals 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe. Note: It takes little time to make, but takes two days due to time in the freezer/refrigerator. This recipe is from my blog.