2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons raw brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup vanilla soy/almond/rice milk
1 cup pumpkin or butternut squash puree
1 egg replacer
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and place a platter in to warm.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend the milk, pumpkin or squash, egg replacer, oil, and vinegar until smooth.
3. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, garam masala, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry mix to the pumpkin mixture in the blender and combine.
5. Allow the mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes and do not stir or blend again.
***WARNING*** The mixture will be VERY thick. Do not thin with additional liquid.
6. Heat a dry non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Spoon the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Spread out with a spoon or spatula, but DO NOT spread very thin.
7. Sprinkle the top of each with additional cinnamon or garam masala if desired and cook until the top of each bubbles, puffs up, and looks dry.
8. Flip and cook briefly on the other side until browned. Place on warmed platter in the oven until all batter is cooked.
Serve warm with vegan buttery spread and real maple syrup.