Professionals' 'Beef' Stew
320 g vegetarian beef substitute
2 cloves garlic
2 large potatoes
1 large onion (white or yellow)
8 small mushrooms
4 tablespoons white flour
24 g vegan buttery spread
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup red wine
2/3 cup tomato puree
12 g veggie bouillon (for 4 cups of soup stock)
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon sugar
1a) Peel the carrot, and cut it into chunks about 1 inch.
1b) Peel the potato, and cut it into chunks about 1 inch, too (bite size).
1c) Peel the onion.... and guess what? Do the same thing as with the other vegetables! I cut the bottom and top off, and then cut it about 4 times. Don't chop it up.
1d) Cut the bases off the small mushrooms, and slice them so each mushroom is about 4 slices.
1e) Cut the garlic finely (dice it).
2) Put the flour in a frying pan, and cook it on low heat until it is a tan color (assuming it was originally white).
3) Put the vegan buttery spread in the frying pan and stir with the flour.
4) Heat 4 cups of water. Melt the bouillon in it. Pour it in the frying pan. Add the tomato puree, wine, sugar, and bay leaf to the frying pan. Increase the heat. When it boils, turn the heat off and pour it into a bowl.
5) Cut the "meat" into chunks about 1 inch in size, and shake salt and pepper all over them.
6) Rinse the frying pan, and put the vegetable oil in. Turn the heat on, to medium. Put the garlic in. When you can smell the garlic, put the "meat" in. After a few minutes of cooking, put the vegetables in. Stir them around a bit. Pour the sauce in!
Reduce the heat to low. Do NOT cover.
Stir once every few minutes until the vegetables are cooked to your liking (15 minutes give or take a few).
Put some salt and pepper on it.
Don't eat the bay leaf!
Goes well with garlic toast!!!!!!!!!!!