Poor College Students Chewy Snack Bars
1 cup crushed pecans
1/3 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
2 tablespoons vanilla
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup agave nectar
2/3 cup water, divided
8 (1 1/2 ounce) bags instant oatmeal (any flavors)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In order, add pecans, milk, and vanilla to measuring cup. Set aside or in fridge. Add cranberries, lemon juice, agave, and 1/3 cup water to mixing bowl. Using spoon, mix together until the cranberries are all covered.
2. Add oatmeal to bowl and mix well. Add rest of water. Mix again. Add measuring glass concoction to large mixing bowl. (Will be runny/soupy.)
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Pour mixture from mixing bowl into a 13x9" baking dish and smooth out with spoon. Let sit on counter for 20 minutes (for oatmeal to suck every liquid thing up.).
4. Spread powdered sugar in semi thin layer over the top and put in oven for 45-60 minutes (until sugar on top is yellow-ish/opaque). When done, let cool for 10 minutes on counter.
5. After cooling, place in fridge for at least 1 hour, until chilled.
Enjoy!! Please tell me what you think! These make great snacks throughout the day or breakfast menu items. Also great for parties.
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen trying to make an existing recipe but I didn't have all the ingredients, so here is my verison with the stuff I had.