Philly Cheez Portabello-Steak Pizza
1 big onion
1 to 2 bell peppers
2 portabello mushrooms
3 tablespoons soy sauce
splash liquid smoke
salt, pepper, garlic, other seasonings of choice
pizza crust recipe of choice
your cheese sauce of choice (I use url=http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7057.0]Nutritional Yeast/Cheese Dip/Sauce)
1. If you make a yeast crust, do it in advance. Place dough on greased pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. I'm at high elevation so it cooks faster at lower heat. you may chose to do yours at 400 degrees F.
2. Chop veggies how you would like. Toss the portabello mushrooms in the soy sauce along with whatever seasonings you'd like. Saute them in a pan until cooked to your liking, season with garlic and whatever seasonings you think would taste good.
3. I personally like to cook my crust for about 5 to 8 minutes so that it doesn't get so soggy.
4. So while your cooking the crust prepare your cheez sauce. Then take it out of the oven and top with sauce, and veggies. Sprinkle with parsley.
5. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until it looks done to you. If you'd like the top to be cooked more than the bottom put in on broil for a bit.
you could also get a tub of cream cheese and use that alone or mix with the cheez sauce. I'm going to try that next.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe