added this 3 years ago
What you need:
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract (you can add a tad more if you want a stronger peppermint flavor)
- 4 ounces of room-temperature vegan cream cheese (about half a tub)
- 1 bag of vegan chocolate chips
What you do:
- 1.Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- 2.Blend powdered sugar into cream cheese.
- 3.Add peppermint extract and blend together to disperse flavor.
- 4.Cover and chill dough in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes.”Dough” should be slightly firm, but you may need to add a little more powdered sugar at a time if it’s still sticky or unmanageable.
- 5.Roll dough into balls (make them as big or small as you want, I made mine about 1-inch balls) and place on baking sheets. (*Important tip: wet a dish towel with water. Between rolling each ball, wet your palms a bit on the towel to prevent the dough from sticking.) Using your finger, make an indentation into each ball so as to create a little “bowl” for the chocolate.
- 6.Cover and place cookie sheets in freezer for about an hour.
- 7.Melt chocolate in microwave or over stove and place in a piping bag or ziploc bag with one corner snipped off. Remove patties from the freezer and pipe chocolate into the “bowls.” Cover and return to freezer for another 20 minutes or so, until chocolate and dough are hardened.
- 8.Store in air-tight container and separate layers with foil or waxed paper to prevent sticking. Store in freezer until ready to eat.
1 1/2 - 2hours including freezing times
none, no oven required