Pear Apple Muffins
2 pears, any type, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
1 apple, any red type, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
2 flax "eggs" (see note**)
1 to 3 tablespoon(s) sugar, to taste
1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 cups flour, fine ground
1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degree C).
2. With a fork or in a blender, blend your pears, apple, flax eggs, sugar, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and salt until VERY smooth. Pour into a bowl.
3. Mix in your flour and baking powder. Make sure there are no pockets of flour left.
4. Divide among your muffin pan equally. For regular sized muffins bake about 30 to 40 minutes; for mini muffins bake 20 minutes. Muffins should be moist on the inside and very fluffy.
5. Let cool for about 20 minutes before eating.
**To make flax eggs grind 1 tablespoon flax seeds very fine, mix in 3 tablespoons warm water, whisk well, let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Should look snotty.
Source of recipe: I had old pears to get rid of, so I came up with this.