Peanut Butter Suet
2 cups inexpensive peanut butter
2 cups vegetable shortening
1 2lb bag yellow cornmeal
2 cups flour
1) In very large metal bowl, melt shortening and peanut butter together over very low flame.
2) Use whisk to slowly stir in flour.
3) Slowly whisk in cornmeal until fully incorporated.
4) Spoon into 6 bird suet cake forms or large oblong bake pan and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5) Remove cakes from forms or cut cakes into 6 squares and wrap in plastic wrap. Does not need to remain refrigerated. Serve as you would regular suet in bird feeder.
The birds devour this! I have made this as a gift for my bird-feeding brother-in-law and he says it's like crack for the mockingbirds!