Orzo and Portabello Mushrooms
1 cup uncooked orzo
4 ounces sundried tomatoes
2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 cup white wine
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons capers
salt and crushed red pepper, to taste
1. Put the water on to boil for the orzo. Put the sundried tomatoes in a bowl with about 1 cup water to reconstitute (rinse them off first as you will use the soaking water later).
2. Put mushroom caps in a dish and sprinkle with the herbs. Pour vegan wine over them to marinate. Coarsely chop the mushroom stems. In a nonstick pan, saute the garlic and mushroom stems in a little tomato water or vegan wine.
3. Drain tomatoes, reserving the liquid, and chop coarsely (its okay if they are not fully softened at this point) and saute. Put the orzo on to cook in boiling water, according to package directions. Place mushroom caps in the middle of the mushroom stem pan.
4. Pour the tomato water over them, cover, and simmer until the mushrooms are finished, about 12 minutes. Remove the mushroom caps to a plate, and pour the leftover marinating vegan wine into the pan,.
5. Add capers. cook and stir until reduced. Drain orzo and toss with the mixture. Season mushrooms, to taste, and serve with orzo. '