Oranglicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia extract (or increase sugar to 1 cup)
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil (can increase to 1/3)
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon strawberry jam (optional)
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a nonstick cookie pan. In a small bowl, whisk together ground flax and water; let sit.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, stevia, orange juice, oil, non-dairy milk, strawberry jam, orange zest, vanilla extract, and orange extract. Add flax mixture (which should be stiff by now), and mix well. Set aside.
3. In another bowl (or right in your measuring cup to avoid more dirty dishes!) combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground ginger, and salt.
4. Sift dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gently mix. Once it is mostly all wet, add the chocolate chips and gently finish mixing. The batter will be a bit more gooey than most cookie batters.
5. Place spoonfuls of batter onto oiled cookie pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the tops spring back slightly like muffins when touched.
Source of recipe: yummyyummy... wanted to make orange-chocolate something for my boyfriend and this is what turned out =)