Orange Pineapple (and possibly Coconut) Bread
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 tablespoons nondairy margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
1 cup pineapple chunks, or crushed
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. In another large bowl, whisk margarine until creamy and smooth, then mix in sugar. Add in coconut milk, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and coconut extract (if using); whisk.
3. Fold in pineapple and combine. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until well incorporated. The batter will be quite thick, but not so much that you won't be able to mix it.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. For those who would like a more coconutty flavor, sprinkle the shredded coconut on top of loaf. Bake for 30 minutes. Take loaf out of the oven and cover lightly with foil to prevent too much browning.
5. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Once done, place loaf on a cooling rack and leave the kitchen until completely cooled, about 1 hour.
Source of recipe: Adapted into a sort of quick bread cake thing from Robin Robertson's Orange Coconut Cake recipe. I searched everywhere for a pineapple bread recipe that included coconut milk, but all I found were recipes with shredded sweetened coconut and I was sad-faced. So, I had a go at this and it turned out well!