Orange Carob Cupcakes with Whiskey Glaze
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raw carob powder + 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon Stevia
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoon orange zest
2 tablespoon orange extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Orange Whiskey Glaze
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels (or whiskey of choice)
3 tablespoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Carob, flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener.
2. Form a well in the middle of the dry mix and pour in the water, mashed banana, vanilla, ginger, orange zest, apple cider vinegar, and orange extract before mixing well.
3. Fill each cup in the tray 2/3 the way full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. In a measuring cup or separate bowl, combine the Jack Daniels, sweeteners, and orange zest. Stir until slightly gooey from the spoon.
5. Refrigerate until the cupcakes have cooked and cooled. Glaze the cupcakes with the mixture and set.