OMG Ur SOOOO Sweet Potato Tikka Masala
3/4 cup dry rice
1 (15-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon curry powder (the Whole Foods store brand is yummy)
1/4 cup nondairy milk (I use Silk Almond Unsweetened)
2 tablespoons vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance original)
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
flour or whole wheat tortillas or your favorite naan
2 teaspoons pepper sauce
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine soup, onion, and bell pepper; stir constantly until the veggies are soft.
3. Add cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne powder, cumin, and curry powder; cook for a minute while stirring. Add the milk and margarine; reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add sweet potatoes; cover and simmer until potatoes can be cut through, stirring occasionally to avoid stick-age.
5. Warm some flour tortillas, or other naan bread and get ready to chow down! Pour the sweet potato tikka masala over rice, drizzle on your fav pepper sauce, garnish with a little fresh chopped parsley or cilantro sprigs. Use the bread to scoop it up and stuff it in.
Source of recipe: Source: I had a whole bunch of extra cans of tomato soup AND Ive been searching and searching for really good vegan tikka masala recipe to replace my old diet love for chicken tikka masala. I could not find any, so I said, "Screw it" and invented my own. SOOO much better than animal versions, I think!