1 1/2 cups whole meal flour
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
3 tablespoons flaxseed
1 cup water
1/2 bulb garlic, finely chopped
oil, as needed
1 tablespoon curry
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 onions, finely chopped
3 large potatoes, cubed finely
2 medium carrots, cubed finely
1/2 cup peas
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons cilantro
1/2 cup vegan yogurt
1. Sift flours, add wheat germ and 1 teaspoon salt. Make a hole in the middle. Boil linseed in the water, and let cool. Crush garlic with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Heat 2 tablespoons oil, and saute the garlic, curry and cayenne pepper.
2. Add onions until brown, then throw in the potatoes and carrots; cover and cook for 10 minutes. If peas are fresh, add them after 10 minutes (otherwise add last without much stirring) and cook for 10 minutes more.
3. When potatoes are soft, add lemon juice and cilantro. Let cool. Add 1 tablespoon oil, yogurt, and 1/2 cup of the flaxseed water to the flour mix, and knead to make a nice dough. Add more water, as needed.
4. Make golf sized balls and line up on a large floured surface. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil a baking tray. Press out and spoon curry mix into the middle, wet edges and press together making wee moon-shapes. Use fork to prick the tops and press the edges down.
5. Coat them in a little oil and place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes. Then place under the broiler for 10 minutes to slightly brown.
I really like these with my sweet tamarind sauce, they are the best!