My Breakfast Heaven Tofu Scramble
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegan margarine
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup diced or julienned carrots
1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1 (12.3-ounce) aseptic packaged organic silken firm tofu (think Mori-Nu), drained and pressed for 15 minutes
pinch turmeric, for color
2 large handfuls of torn kale, stems removed
favorite spices, to taste (I use basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, garlic, and crushed red pepper)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, carrots, and cabbage; saute for 2 minutes.
2. Crumble the tofu into the skillet and add the turmeric; saute until the tofu is warmed completely through.
3. Add your favorite spices, salt, and pepper.
4. Add kale; saute for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until the kale has wilted.
5. Plate up and add any sauces or leave plain. ENJOY!
Source of recipe: This recipe came about when I became bored with breakfast and needed something new. I do not measure, so these ingredients are what tickles my fancy and what I have on hand.