2 cups Arborio rice
8 oz mushrooms, chopped (I use button but any kind will do)
1/2 cup dried shitake mushroom
1 pint vegetable broth
1 large white onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
black truffle oil (optional but it really adds a lot)
1) Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear.
2) Heat vegetable broth to a simmer, leave on burner on low heat.
3) Soak dried mushrooms in really hot water, set aside.
4) Saute mushrooms in olive oil over medium high heat until well cooked, set aside.
5) Saute onions in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent, add garlic and cook a minute more.
6) Add rinsed rice to oniongarlic mushroom and cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
7) Add one ladleful of broth (about 1/2 cup or so) and stir constantly, when broth is absorbed repeat process adding only one ladleful at time. This will take about 20 minutes. If you run out of broth you can use hot water.
8) Add all the mushrooms (cooked and soaked).
9) Season to taste.
10) Drizzle with truffle oil and serve.
I know there are a lot of steps but they are easy and it is so good. Sometimes I add sun dried tomatoes or asparagus or substitute other types of mushrooms. ENJOY!