1 quart Vegetable Broth
1 1/2 cups red wine (on the drier side)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup onion chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound cremini mushrooms coarsly chopped
6 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspooon pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1) In a bowl, mix 1/2 the broth with the flour. Whisk until smooth. Add remaining broth and red wine. Set aside.
2) Heat oil over medium heat. Saute the onion until translucent.
3) Add Mushrooms, garlic, and spices. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
4) Turn up the heat. Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the wine for about 2 - 3 minutes.
5) Add the broth/wine/flour mix and the nutrional yeast. Lower to medium heat and cook for 20 mins, stirring often (I use a large whisk that the mushroom pieces can easily be shaken out of).
6) Taste and adjust your spices to your desired flavoring.