What you need:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can organic tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- optional garnish, freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked whole grain couscous
What you do:
- 1. Begin by cooking your couscous according to packaging instructions. Set aside.
- 2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- 3. Add potato, carrot, tomatoes with juice, vegetable broth, and all the spices. Stir, cover pot, bring it up to a high heat and boil for 20 minutes.
- 4. Add chickpeas, zucchini and apricots, and continue to cook covered for another 10 minutes, or until potatoes, carrot, and zucchini are tender.
- 5. Spoon couscous onto plate and top with a generous amount of the tagine. You can sprinkle with some fresh parsley.
More recipes like this
More Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)