Mild Coconut Curry
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 lemongrass stalk
4 tablespoon Puy lentils
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
125g / 4oz green beans
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 courgette, chopped
250g / 8oz frozen sweetcorn
300ml / 1/2 pint can coconut milk
1 lime, juice only
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1. Put the potatoes, lemongrass and lentils into a medium saucepan and add enough boiling water to just cover the tops of the potatoes. Return to the boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms, turmeric and cumin until the onion is soft. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the coriander, and stir well.
3. Remove the lemongrass from the lentil pan, then add the lentil mixture to the onion mixture.
4. Simmer everything for about 10 minutes, or until the lentils are soft, then add the chopped coriander.
5. Serve with brown basmati rice cooked with a few cardamom pods, plus warm naan bread made without milk or yoghurt.