1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 medium-sized potatoes, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 large bay leaves, whole
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans
1. In a large pot on high heat, bring the broth to a boil.
2. Add the olive oil and onions. Boil 2 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and carrots. Boil 2 more minutes.
4. Add bay leaves, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until carrots and potatoes are soft.
5. Add beans. Turn heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Source of recipe: I was up at midnight with limited foodstuffs and came up with a soup.