Microwave Potato Stuffed Peppers
- Pepper green/yellow/red any variety.
- 2 mashed potatoes (microwave covered for 5 min).
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 1 small tomato chopped.
- 1.5 tablespoon grated carrot.
- some fresh curry leaves chopped fine.
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin.
- green chilli half.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- 1 teaspoon homemade masala mix.(recipe follows)
- handful of frozen green peas.
- 1/4 teaspoon each of mustard & sesame seeds.
- lemon juice (half a lemon).
1) Cut the tops of capsicum,clean inside & keep aside…
2) Mix all the ingredients from mashed potatoes to lemon juice & stuff them tightly into the capsicum…
3) I have an autocook option for stuffed veggies in my microwave ,I just have to select the weight & press start & its done in 7 min or less…
4) The aroma of the cooked capsicum & the masala hits the nose at around 5 min or so,maybe one could check & see if its done…
Masala Mix -
- mustard seeds
- coriander seeds
- cumin seeds
Take a lil of each spice & dry grind it to a powder,no roasting of the spices prior to grinding it.Its raw spice mix...I didnt measure the spices I added them intuitively..Add a small quantity of cinnamon,cloves & pepper not much...The rest you could add about a teaspoon each..