Mediterranean Vegetable Pie
1 eggplant, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
2 onions, sliced
olive oil, as needed
1 head garlic
1 cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 pie shells
3 roasted red peppers
1 (8 ounce) package vegan mozzarella
oregano, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush two large baking sheets with olive oil. Place zucchini, eggplant, and onion on prepared baking sheets and brush with more olive oil.
2. Chop off top of garlic head, leaving the skin on. Place on tray with veggies and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes, switching trays halfway through.
3. Mix roasted eggplant, zucchini and onions with tomato paste and the frozen corn. Squeeze roasted garlic from the head and divide between 2 pie shells, spreading on the bottom.
4. Spoon a layer of the roasted vegetable mix on top of the garlic, followed by the roasted red peppers, then vegan cheese, pepper, salt, and oregano.
5. Repeat layers (not including garlic). Bake pies in oven for 30 minutes or until the crusts are golden and cheese substitute is melted.