pinch of cinnamon
minced garlic (or garlic powder)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon marsala (tandoori marsala is best)
1 teaspoon vegan sugar
1 cup raisins (either kind is fine)
2 tablespoon vegan margarine or shortening
1 cup of walnuts, pecans, or cashews
1 tablespoon vegan sour cream (you may substitute cream with 2 teaspoon soymilk, 1
teaspoon corn starch, and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar)
1. Remove the stubs of the carrots and cut them lengthwise in half, then cut them horizontally in half. You should have four pieces.
2. Add about 4 cups or so of water into a pot, and add the salt. Put the water on to boil.
3. Once boiling, add the carrots into the water and boil them for 5 minutes, covered.
4. When done, drain and set the carrots aside.
5. In another pot or frying pan on medium heat, melt the butter or shortening.
6. Add the raisins, sugar, marsala, cinnamon, and garlic into the butter, stirring constantly. Once the raisins are swollen and the sugar is melted, add the mixture to the carrots, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. 7. Add the vegan sour cream to the butter mixture and carrots.
8. Serve with warm naan and garnish with cilantro or something else that is pretty.
9. Eat and enjoy!