Maple Faux Bacon Cupcakes
1/3 to 1/2 cup minced vegan bacon, cooked according to package
4 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter, room temperature
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 egg replacer (follow box)
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup soymilk
1 recipe maple frosting
Clear or white sprinkles, sprinkle to top each cupcake
Coarse grain sea salt, sprinkle to top each cupcake
1. Cook faux bacon in a fry pan. Mince 1/3 to 1/2 cup and leave 5-6 pieces uncut. Break those pieces in half. Set aside.
2. Beat the vegan butter, oil, and liquid smoke until light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.Add the egg replacer and beat until incorporated.
3. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and powder together in separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Add soymilk, mix well. Fold in minced vegan bacon.
4. Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Wait until cupcakes are cool to frost. When cool, top with the maple frosting. Top each cupcake with a sprinkle of clear/white sprinkles, salt, and half a piece of faux bacon.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2010/05/maple-faux-bacon-cupcakes.html