Mac 'n "CHEEEESE"
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2/3 cup raw cashews
2 cups nondairy milk, divided
1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 pound dry pasta of choice
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
1 tablespoon white/yellow miso paste
black pepper, to taste
1. Fill a pot half full with water, then bring water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until soft, about 15 minutes, then drain.
2. In a food processor, place cashews and 1/3 cup milk; process until it forms an even paste. Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, ground mustard, and garlic; process to blend. Add carrots and blend, then add 2/3 cup milk and blend again.
3. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain water, and return the pasta to the pot.
4. Stir in theremaining 1 cup of milk.the food processor mixture,vegan margarine, and miso. Mix well to cover pasta. Cook over medium/low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from burning to the bottom.
5. Add additional soymilk as needed, and salt and pepper to taste! Remove from heat and enjoy! Try changing around the flavors and see what works for you! Yummmm!
Source of recipe: This is me and my friend Ariel's recipe! This mac 'n "cheeeeese" turned out really creamy and delicious! I shared it with my family and two non-vegan friends and everyone loved it! This recipe is also posted to me and my friend Ariel's vegan blarg (blog)! Check it out!