2 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1⁄2 cups bran
1⁄2 cup All Bran Original
2 tea spoons baking soda
4 table spoons baking powder
2 tea spoons cinnamon
1 cup raisins (or vegan chocolate chips. In that case vanilla might be better than cinnamon)
1⁄2 cup coconut (I don't use any sugar in the recipe, therefore you may enjoy more coconut. Maybe double)
2 table spoons ground flaxseed
4 table spoons water
1⁄3 cup olive oil
2 cups soy beverage (fortified)
2 cups cooked green lentils (boiled five minutes. I cook five cups and divide them in portions of 2 cups, then freeze the portions separately)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray two muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the ground flaxseed in water and let it rest for a few minutes. It will become thick.
3. Combine the flour, bran, All Bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, raisins and coconut in a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine the soy beverage, lentils, oil and the flaxseed-water mixture.
5. Now combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir well.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
And now, make that recipe your own and enjoy those very healthy and delicious muffins!