Lentil Hummus Salad
- For the salad:
- - 1 can of lentils
- - 1 tomato
- - 1 cucumber
- - 1/2 avocado mashed with lime and/or hummus
- Optional ingredients:
- - a handful of pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- - cayenne pepper, curry powder, turmeric and/or smoked paprika (optional)
- - sea salt (optional)
- - spinach/ baby spinach
1. Drain lentils from the can, rinse them.
2. Put as much lentils as you'd like, i usually use about half a can.
3. Chop up cucumbers and tomatoes and add them to the lentils
4. Add one or two heaping scoops of hummus. Or add the 1/2 avocado mashed with lime (aka lazy guac). I tend to add both for it to be extra filling.
5. Add extra ingredients such as pumpkin seeds or walnuts and spices. Sometimes i add corn chips on top if i want something a little bit crunchier!
I tend to make my own hummus because it is cheap and easy, but you need access to a food processor.