Ginger-Orange Kombucha Ingredients
6 black or green (decaf or regular) tea bags
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of fresh squeezed ginger
1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
1 Kombucha Scooby
1 large mason jar
1 square cotton cloth to cover the jar
several empty bottles
1. Fill the mason jar with water to see how much you need and then dump this into a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add 6 tea bags to the water and let sit for 10 minutes. Then remove the tea bags.
3. When the tea cools to luke-warm, add 1 cup of sugar. Be careful not to add the sugar too soon or it will crystalize.
4. Pour the liquid into the mason jar.
5. Add the Kombucha Scooby (if your water is too warm it can kill the scooby so make sure it is luke-warm).
6. Cover with a cotton cloth and let sit for 7-14 days.
7. Once the 7 days are up, remove your scooby. Store it with a little of the liquid in the refrigerator.
8. Juice the ginger and oranges and combine.
9. Put about 1/5 cup of the oranger/ginger juice into each empty bottle.
10. Add the Kombucha liquid until it is almost full. Be sure to leave some room.
11. Store the bottles is a warm place 2 two days, this helps the drink become fizzy. If you go much longer, you will get new a new scooby in your drink so be careful!
12. After two days, place the bottles in the fridge and enjoy chilled!